How To Use Partner Quiz To Build Math Fact Fluency
- It is fun! The kids cheer when they hear we are going to do Partners Quiz!
- Engaging! Every student is up and interacting with the content!
- Brain Break! The kiddos are up and moving as they are learning!
- Flexible! You can use this activity with almost any academic content!
- Quick! It does not take a lot of time – can easily be used as independent practice in almost any lesson!
- No Papers Grade! Woot! Woot!
5 Steps to Partner Quiz
Pass out the flashcards, one to each student.
Students stand (holding their flashcards). Students put one hand up to find a partner (the closest student with a hand up.)
It's good to emphasize this because some will only want to play with their buddies.
- Students stand (holding their Partner Quiz card).
- Students put one hand up to find a partner – closest student with hand up. It's good to emphasize this because some will only want to play with their buddies.
- Partners greet.
- Partner A quizzes/coaches partner B.
- Partner B Answers
This is the same as Step 3 with roles reversed.
- Partner B quizzes/coaches partner A.
- Partner A Answers
- Partners thank each other, say goodbye.
- They put their hands up to find a new partner and repeat steps 1-4.
- Kids love to quiz the teacher.
- You can discreetly help struggling students.
- You will know immediately if the class needs a “refresher” on Partner Quiz procedures.
Partner Quiz is the perfect activity to bring out when you notice that your students need to get up and move. Or when you have five to ten minutes free in your schedule.
Math flashcards make an easy resource to grab for Partner Quiz in those moments.
You and your students will love these multiplication triangle flashcards! Multiplication and Division facts mastery is accelerated through the use of these triangle flashcards because they reinforce the commutative property.
So grab some flashcards and enjoy this Partner Quiz activity with the joy and satisfaction that you are providing that essential practice that students need!