Delivered right to your inbox!

Character Education

Character Education

The beginning of school is the perfect time to start creating a strong sense of community with your students.  Of course we have academic goals for our students, and we need to have goals for their character formation.
Character Education is the most important thing we teach out students
because their character will effect the very person they become!
Character Traits: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship
This is a great unit that will help you develop a safe,
caring classroom community.
and will be totally engaged as they learn how to
develop strong character.
Primary Flourish
Each Character Quality comes with the following resources:
2 Complete Lesson Plans
Character Trait Poster
2 Anchor Charts/Pocket Charts Headers
2 Interactive Notebook pages for students
Character Award
Character Bookmark
Recommended Stories & Fables

Primary Flourish

Just click on the picture to set the stage for a great year with great character!
This is a great unit that will help you develop a safe, caring classroom community. Students will learn empathy as they learn about each of these character qualities and will be totally engaged as they learn how to develop strong character. Each lesson is packed with colorful visuals, literature connections, cooperative learning, and the much loved Interactive Notebook activities to personalize the lesson for each child!
Peggy Means

All posts

14 Comments

• Mia Qunin July 8, 2015 at 12:00 pm

To pass on from generation to generation the traditional moral and values in life!

• Ellen July 8, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I teach students with ASD. Most of my students need explicate instruction in socially acceptable behavior. Understanding what it is to have "good Character" helps them to follow social norms.

• sarah July 8, 2015 at 1:45 pm

I want children to be kind and responsible citizens!!!
    smontano9@cox.net

• Diane Strickland July 8, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Recently I read Mindset (Dweck) and How Children Succeed (Tough) and realized I need to put much more emphasis on character values in my classroom. I want to reinforce (or, in some cases, supply) character value instruction. I work in a Title 1 school and know my students need all the tools they can get to succeed.

• karen @ Smarticle Particles July 8, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I find so many of my students aren't being given the tools they should be learning at home. Their parents are either working, are very young, or are just absent when it comes to parenting. It seems like this is just one more thing for the teachers to teach, but it is so important that our little ones get this. I'm intending to be more pro-active with character education this coming school year.

• Melanie Arizmendi July 8, 2015 at 2:17 pm

It's important to teach children character ed. because it is important for them to learn how to become responsible and understanding adults.
    tinysmiles34@gmail.com

• Peggy Means July 8, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Yes! So important, Mia!
    Thanks for stopping by πŸ™‚

• Peggy Means July 8, 2015 at 2:52 pm

How wonderful for those kids that you are their teacher! Thanks for stopping by, Ellen!

• Peggy Means July 8, 2015 at 2:53 pm

So do I, Sarah! Thanks for stopping by!

• Peggy Means July 8, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Diane, I love 'Mindset'! I'm sure your students are going to benefit from your determination to provide character value instruction! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

• Peggy Means July 8, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Karen, I am so delighted to hear that you will be making character education a priority for your students! Thanks for stopping by!

• Peggy Means July 8, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Melanie, that is so true! Thanks for stopping by!

• Betsy Brown July 8, 2015 at 4:18 pm

School is the first true experience our students have to interact with others. We are in the perfect place to share the importance of these qualities and the students can understand the need as they apply to their own lives. It gives them ownership of their actions.

• Erika July 9, 2015 at 2:19 am

Because almost every where around them kids are getting the opposite message, that manners and character don't matter and aren't what counts…media, etc