Are you looking for a way to make your lessons more interactive & effective? If so, you are going to love Partner Quiz!
Partners Quiz (PQ) is a great way to add that interactive component to almost any lesson!
Here are just a few reasons why you will love adding Partners Quiz (PQ) to your day!
- It is fun! The kids cheer when they hear we are going to do Partners Quiz!
- Engaging! Every student is up and interacting with the content!
- Brain Break! The kiddos are up and moving as they are learning!
- Flexible! You can use this activity with almost any academic content!
- Quick! It does not take a lot of time – can easily be used as independent practice in almost any lesson!
- No Papers Grade! Woot! Woot!
4 Steps to Partner Quiz
- Students stand (holding their Partner Quiz card).
- Students put one hand up to find a partner – closest student with hand up. It’s good to emphasize this because some will only want to play with their buddies.
- Partners greet.
- Partner A quizzes/coaches partner B.
- Partner B Answers
If B does not know the answer, Partner A quickly shows the correct answer (coaches), and then quizzes again.
Partner A praises B with high 5 or compliment.
- Same as Step 2 with roles reversed.
- Partner B quizzes/coaches partner A.
- Partner A Answers
If A does not know the answer, Partner B quickly shows the correct answer (coaches), and then quizzes again.
Partner B praises A with high 5 or compliment.
- Partners thank each other, say good-by.
- They put their hands up to find a new partner and repeat steps 1-4.
I suggest that you set the timer for 5-10 minutes for the students to do this engaging activity. I challenge the students to PQ with as many different partners as they can.
There are many benefits it you carry a PQ card and participate in the activity with your students.
- Kids love to quiz the teacher.
- You can discreetly help struggling students.
- If the class needs a “refresher” on PQ procedures, you will know immediately.
If you would like to make your own Partner Quiz cards,
click on picture below to get a Freebie PQ Editable Template.
How have you used Partner Quiz in your classroom?
If you have not yet used it, I hope I have inspired you to give it a try!