Partners Quiz (PQ) is a great way to add that interactive component to almost any lesson!
- It is fun! The kids cheer when they hear we are going to do Partners Quiz!
- Engaging! Every student is up and interacting with the content!
- Brain Break! The kiddos are up and moving as they are learning!
- Flexible! You can use this activity with almost any academic content!
- Quick! It does not take a lot of time – can easily be used as independent practice in almost any lesson!
- No Papers Grade! Woot! Woot!
4 Steps to Partner Quiz
- Students stand (holding their Partner Quiz card).
- Students put one hand up to find a partner – closest student with hand up. It’s good to emphasize this because some will only want to play with their buddies.
- Partners greet.
- Partner A quizzes/coaches partner B.
- Partner B Answers
- Same as Step 2 with roles reversed.
- Partner B quizzes/coaches partner A.
- Partner A Answers
- Partners thank each other, say good-by.
- They put their hands up to find a new partner and repeat steps 1-4.
- Kids love to quiz the teacher.
- You can discreetly help struggling students.
- If the class needs a “refresher” on PQ procedures, you will know immediately.